A man has been convicted and fined $3500 for assaulting a WorkSafe inspector at an Elwood construction site.
WorkSafe inspectors have the right to undertake the following action when visiting a workplace:
- Ask you, your employees or other people questions.
- Take photographs, recordings and measurements.
- Take items away with them for examination, testing or for use as evidence.
- Take samples of substances or objects.
- Ask to see your documents, make copies or take the documents.
- Call in other people to assist them, including technical or scientific experts, interpreters or police officers.
Read more here https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/news/2019-08/conviction-assaulting-worksafe-inspector
Call Safety Geek if you need help when an inspector visits